What does mygadgetbuddy.com cover me for:
What gadgets qualify for cover:
- We can cover any of the gadgets on the following list:
|MP3 Players||Video Cameras||Bluetooth Headsets|
|iPods||Mobile Phones||Satellite Navigation Devices|
|DVD Players||Smart Phones||E-Readers|
|Games Consoles||Laptops||In-Car Computers|
|Digital Cameras||Tablets||Head/Ear Phones|
A policy can cover multiple gadgets, 5 in total. With every additional gadget you include on the policy you will receive a discount, up to 15% for 5 gadgets.
How gadgets qualify for cover:
The gadget must be less than 12 months old with valid proof of purchase and/or contract under which the gadget was supplied when the insurance starts. Gadgets purchased from online auctions are NOT eligible for cover.
And what you're covered for:
The policy covers the following perils as standard:
- Accidental damage – your electronic device will be covered for repair costs if it is damaged as the result of an accident
- Theft – if your device is stolen we will replace it, or the part/s that have been stolen
- Breakdown – which occurs outside of the manufacturers guarantee period (except laptops)
- Malicious damage – if your electronic device is damaged through the deliberate actions of another we will repair it, or the damaged parts
- Fraudulent call use – if your mobile phone is lost or stolen and is covered by your policy, we will refund the cost of the calls made from the mobile phone after it was stolen up to a max of £100
However you can upgrade your policy to include the following:
- Loss – if you lose your electronic device (except from a commercial, soft top or convertible vehicle) we will replace it
- Worldwide cover - For peace of mind when you travel.
For full terms and conditions, please read the policy wording.
What are the excess fees?
There is an excess fee for all successful claims, which must be paid before your claim can be approved.
|Item||Accidental Damage||Theft||Mechanical Breakdown||Loss|
How long does it take to process a claim?
If the claim is due to Theft or Loss please allow 3 working days, from the date we receive claim form, for your insurance claim to be processed.
If your claim is due to Accidental Damage or Mechanical Breakdown cover please allow 5 to 7 working days for your claim to be processed, from the date we receive your notification.
These timelines are subject to receipt of the full information required to assess your claim.
Specialist Gadget Insurance:
- Covers accidental damage, theft & breakdown
- Loss and worldwide cover options
- Easy monthly or annual payments
- We cover a wide range of gadgets
- Low excesses
Signup for News & updates